The board and staff of QUO have been mindfully monitoring the current situation and discussing what it means for the future of our season and organization. At this point, we cannot see a path forward to continue our season as planned, and have decided to cancel all QUO activities for the remainder of the season, including our annual GayLa scheduled in June. This is a heartbreaking announcement, but the health and wellbeing of our community must always be at the forefront of our decisions.
We will announce our plans for 2020-2021 as soon as feasible.
- October 19: Mussorgsky: Night on Bald Montain, Saint-Saens: Danse Macabre, Greig: In the Hall of the Mountain King, Lizst: Malediction, Williams: Harry Potter Suite from the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- December 8: QUOtets XIV Chamber Concert.
- February 22: Debussy: Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun; Gabrieli: Canzon Per Sonar Septimi Toni a 8; Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade, and Griffes: Poem for Flute and Orchestra
- April 25: Seeger: Music for Small Orchestra; Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 4; Sibelius: Symphony No. 2
- June 20: QUO’s annual GayLa, including Barber: Medea’s Meditation and Dance of Vengeance; Griffes: The Pleasure Dome of Kubla Khan; Bate: Alternative Energy