Our ninth season is a musical journey around the world exploring the depths of the human condition. We will be featuring classic and new works, at least one work by a female composer on each concert, and our first ever performance by a transgender composer.
Our series this year features four orchestral concerts, one QUOtets chamber concert, and our annual Gay-la.
Come and join us for these events:
- Finlandia (Jean Sibelius), Romanian Rhapsody No. 1, Op. 11 (Geroge Enescu), Nostalgias Silenciosas (Calenna Garbä), Symphony No. 9 (Antonín Dvořák)
- Ascension (Jessica DiMari), Symphony No. 3 (Ludwig van Beethoven), excerpts from The Nutcracker (Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- Ancient Forests Once Stood Here (Sarah Hopkins), España (Emmanuel Chabrier), Symphony No. 3 (Florence Price)
- Saturday, February 24 at 8 PM, Church of the Holy Apostles, 296 Ninth Avenue in Manhattan
- QUOtets Chamber Concert
- Saturday, March 17 at 8 PM, Church of the Holy Apostles, 296 Ninth Avenue in Manhattan
- Irlande (Augusta Holmès), a new piece from QUO’s own Ron Nahass, Symphony No. 39 (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart), and the winner of our annual composition contest
- Saturday, May 5 at 8 PM, Church of the Holy Apostles, 296 Ninth Avenue in Manhattan
- Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman (Joan Tower), Blood Moon (Elizabeth Lain), The Carousel Waltz (Richard Rodgers), Overture from Man of LaMancha (Mitch Leigh), and a Beatles Fantasy with guest violinist Lindsay Deutsch
- Saturday, June 16 at 8 PM, Church of the Holy Apostles, 296 Ninth Avenue in Manhattan