Our ninth season is a musical journey around the world exploring the depths of the human condition. We will be featuring classic and new works, at least one work by a female composer on each concert, and our first ever performance by a transgender composer.
Our series this year features four orchestral concerts, one QUOtets chamber concert, and our annual Gay-la. New this year: you can purchase a season subscription to our four regular concerts and QUOtets. Individual tickets to the first concert of our season are also on sale.
Come and join us for these events:
- Saturday, November 4 and Sunday, November 5: Finlandia (Jean Sibelius), Romanian Rhapsody No. 1, Op. 11 (Geroge Enescu), Nostalgias Silenciosas (Calenna Garbä), Symphony No. 9 (Antonín Dvořák)
- Sunday, December 17: Ascention (Jessica DiMari), Symphony No. 3 (Ludwig van Beethoven), excerpts from The Nutcracker (Pioty Illyich Tchaikovsky), Sleigh Ride (Leroy Anderson)
- Saturday, February 24: Ancient Forests Once Stood Here (Sarah Hopkins), España (Emmanuel Chabrier), Symphony No. 3 (Florence Price)
- Saturday, March 24: QUOtets Chamber Concert
- Saturday, May 5: Irlande (Augusta Holmès), a new piece from QUO’s own Ron Nahass, Symphony No. 39 (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart), and the winner of our annual competition contest
- Saturday, June 16: Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman (Joan Tower), Blood Moon (Elizabeth Lain), The Carousel Waltz (Richard Rodgers), Overture from Man of LaMancha (Mitch Leigh), and a Beatles Fantasy with guest violinist Lindsay Deutsch