Here’s a quick preview of our upcoming season, Queer We Are! Check back for more details soon!
- October 14 at 4PM: Our season opener features Beethoven’s Leonore Overture, Brahms’ Piano Concerto No. 1 with special guest Michael Sheppard, and a new piece by Gerald Busby.
- December 1 at 8 PM: We feature various sections in Warlock’s Capriol Suite, Schubert’s Symphony for Winds, Dukas’ Fanfare, Gabrieli’s Jubilate Deo, and Lansky’s Stripes. Prokofiev’s Lt. Kije concludes the program.
- March 2 at 8PM: Barber’s Essay, William Grant Still’s Symphony No. 1, a new piece by QUO’s own Sayed Safavynia, and Paul Robertson, winner of QUO’s concerto competition, performing Toshiro Mayuzumi’s Concertino for Xylophone and Orchestra. We’ll also be joined by special guest Lindsay Deutsch in a Beatles Fantasy.
- March 30 at 8PM: Our annual QUOtets Chamber concert
- May 11 at 8PM and May 12 at 4PM: The winner of QUO’s annual composition contest, a marimba concerto by QUO’s own Bjorn Berkhout, and Mendelssohn’s Symphony No. 5. On May 11, we’ll be at Holy Apostles as usual; the May 12 concert will be at the Queens Museum.
- June 22 at 8PM: Our annual GayLa
Tickets are on sale now.